Fish en Papillote
Parchment paper keeps fish and vegetables moist in the hot oven. And cleaning up is so much easier!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 fish fillets (5 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. peppercorns
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- Cut six 12-by-16-inch sheets of parchment paper, fold in half into 12-by-8-inch rectangles, and cut half a heart shape. Unfold into heart shapes. Place a fish fillet near the fold on one side of each heart. Sprinkle with salt, peppercorns, and tarragon.
- Place onion, zucchini, carrots, garlic, lemon slices, and parsley on top of each fillet. Drizzle each with olive oil and wine. Fold one half of each heart over the food and seal by crimping the edges together. Place bundles on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until paper bundles expand and turn brown; fish should flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve the bundles to your guests, warning them to be careful with steam when they cut them open.