Fish in Lemon Basil Sauce
There are many types of basil. Lemon basil has a delicate lemony flavor and can be hard to find. But any type of basil, other than Thai basil, can be substituted in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup lemon basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Slide two fillets into the skillet and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the center is almost opaque and the fish begins to flake on the tips. Place on a clean plate to keep warm. Cook the remaining fish and add to the plate. Keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan before adding the zucchini rounds.
- Sprinkle the basil, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper over the zucchini. Cover the pan and steam for 1 minute before tossing. Place the fish on top of the zucchini and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cover the skillet for 2 to 3 minutes to warm the fish and finish cooking the zucchini. Serve immediately.