Fish in Lemon Basil Sauce
There are many types of basil. Lemon basil has a delicate lemony flavor and can be hard to find. But any type of basil, other than Thai basil, can be substituted in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup lemon basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Slide two fillets into the skillet and cook on each side for 4–5 minutes, or until the center is almost opaque and the fish begins to flake on the tips. Place on a clean plate to keep warm. Cook the remaining fish and add to the plate. Keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the pan before adding the zucchini rounds.
- Sprinkle the basil, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper over the zucchini. Cover the pan and steam for 1 minute before tossing. Place the fish on top of the zucchini and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cover the skillet for 2–3 minutes to warm the fish and finish cooking the zucchini. Serve immediately.