Fish Kebabs (Kebab Macchi Ke)
Refrigerating the filets for a few minutes before you fry will make the coating stay on better. Serve with a yogurt-cucumber sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 dried red chilies, crushed
- 2 serrano green chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. semolina
- 4 small whitefish filets (3 oz. each)
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a shallow dish, combine the turmeric, red chilies, green chilies, eggs, and salt; mix well. Place the semolina in a second shallow dish.
- Coat each filet lightly, first with the spice mix and then with the semolina. Discard any remaining spice mix and semolina.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium-sized skillet. Fry each filet, 1 at a time, for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Drain on a paper towel. Serve immediately, sprinkled with lemon juice.