Five-Minutes Chocolate “Mousse”
Serve this simple dessert in tall parfait glasses, topped with chocolate sprinkles or maraschino cherries.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium heavy saucepan, heat the coffee granules and whipping cream until hot but not boiling (this will help melt the chocolate chips). Stir frequently to dissolve the coffee granules.
- Place the chocolate chips and sugar in a blender. Add the vanilla extract and the heated coffee infused cream. Process for a minute, or until smooth and the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour into serving dishes, cover, and chill for about 1 hour.