These spicy ribs nicely complement a less highly seasoned dish such as stir-fried vegetables or plain fried rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground Szechwan peppercorns
- ½ tsp. five-spice powder
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1½ lbs. spareribs
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except spareribs. Pour mixture over spareribs in a shallow dish. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove spareribs from marinade, reserving liquid.
- Brush half of the reserved marinade on spareribs and roast for 15 minutes. Brush on the rest of the marinade and roast spareribs for another 15 minutes or until they are done.