Flaky Peach Tart
Make the flaky crust for this simple tart by brushing layers of phyllo dough with melted butter. Cover with a peach jam glaze and top with sliced fresh peaches. Brush the peaches with jam and bake until the crust in browned and the peaches are soft. This is delicious alone or with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup peach jam
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 6 peaches, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl. Press jam through strainer.
- Working one phyllo pastry sheet at a time, place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and repeat for all 6 sheets. Brush the top sheet with ½ of the strained peach jam. Arrange peach slices into rows over the top of the phyllo sheets. Brush the peaches with the remaining strained jam.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until pastry is dark, golden brown and fruit is tender. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.