Flaming Taco Salad Supreme
Change the salsa in the recipe to give the salad your own twist. The dish works with lime-chipotle salsa, mango salsa, or pineapple salsa.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet (1 oz.) taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 tsp. chipotle pepper sauce
- 4 large fried tortilla salad shells
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup spicy salsa
- 1⁄2 cup diced beefsteak tomato
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in taco seasoning and chipotle pepper sauce.
- To create each salad, fill a salad shell with 1⁄2 cup lettuce, 1⁄4 cup beans, and 4 ounces beef. Add 1⁄4 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons tomato, and 1 tablespoon chili peppers. Top with 1 tablespoon sour cream and serve.