Flank Steak Fajitas
You can freeze the steak right in the marinate if you like. Defrost it in overnight in the refrigerate and grill as directed.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. flank steak
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- Place flank steak in large zipper-lock bag. In small bowl, combine lime and orange juices, oil, jalapeño pepper, cumin, and coriander and mix well. Pour over flank steak, seal bag, and turn several times to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare and preheat grill.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill 6" from medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until desired doneness. While steak is grilling, place bell peppers and onions in a grill basket. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened and slightly charred. Wrap stacked flour tortillas in foil and place on grill for final 2 to 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Let flank steak stand, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes; then slice across the grain into thin strips. Serve in warmed tortillas with peppers, onions, and salsa.