Flank Steak with Fresh Herb Sauce
Your favorite herbs are blended into a sauce that will give a hint of freshness to your steak.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili lime seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint
- Peel from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place flank steak in bottom of shallow pan. Rub one side with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with half the seasoning comprised of chili lime seasoning, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and ⅛ teaspoon cracked pepper. Turn steak over and repeat on second side.
- Let steak sit at room temperature for 1 hour, no more.
- Meanwhile, place garlic, ⅛ teaspoon salt and sugar in small food processor. Process for 10-15 seconds until garlic is well mixed. Add dill, parsley, cilantro, mint and lemon peel; process just until coarsely chopped.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Mix well; set aside.
- Heat grill or skillet over medium high heat until hot. Cook flank steak for 3-4 minutes; turn over, continue cooking second side until meat is medium rare (140°F to 145°F). Take meat off heat and let rest for 4-5 minutes. Cut at a 45° angle across the grain. Serve meat with herb sauce on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.