Flanken Ribs in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Reduce the hot pepper sauce to a few drops to tone down the “heat.”
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. flanken ribs
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Remove ribs from sauce. Transfer remaining sauce to a pot and simmer until thick. Brush ribs with thickened sauce.