Florentines with Almonds, Cranberries, and Raisins
A thin layer of chewy honey-coated almonds, cranberries, and raisings sits atop a swirl of rich, dark chocolate.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. almond liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, tempered
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, cream, honey, and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil over a low heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and fold in the almonds, raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, orange zest, and almond liqueur. Fold in the flour and salt.
- Using a scoop with a 1-inch diameter or a teaspoon, place round mounds of batter on the prepared baking sheets at least 3 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on the pans for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling racks.
- When the cookies are completely cool, coat the bottoms of the cookies with swirls of chocolate. Refrigerate, chocolate side up, for 5 minutes.