Flourless Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies
These soft, gooey breakfast cookies are flourless, made with oatmeal, and a kid favorite! You can substitute other dried fruits for the raisins, or even add your favorite nut.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅛ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 cups gluten-free quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine the mashed bananas and applesauce in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Let it stand for at least 5 minutes, until the oatmeal begins to soak up the mixture and expands a bit.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet; sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, until browned slightly on top. Allow the cookies to set for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.