Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake with Whipped Topping
For individual servings, pour into 8 to 10 small buttered porcelain baking cups. Bake about 15 to 20 minutes. These could be served warm or chilled with the whipped cream. Enjoy!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 9 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup espresso or very strong coffee
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. coffee-flavored liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Line the pan with foil and butter the foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir the chocolate until it is well blended. Stir in the espresso and let cool for 4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and whisk into the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes only. Remove from oven and set out to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and add the liqueur. Peel the foil off of the cake and set on a platter. Spoon whipped cream over the top. Slice and serve.