Flourless Devil’s Food Pudding Cake
This flourless version of a favorite rich, pudding-like cake is completely guilt-free. Everyone will rave over this tempting chocolate cake and will never guess that it contains antioxidant-rich black beans.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds with almond milk and set aside for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- In a blender or food processor, combine chia mixture, black beans, vanilla extract, salt, coconut oil, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Process until smooth and totally combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in pan completely.