Flourless Ginger Breakfast Cookies
Soft, spicy cookies balanced with a good dose of pumpkin, tangy cranberries, mellow walnuts and sweet maple syrup - keep a batch in the freezer for a quick grab n go breakfast!
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 13 minutesTotal: 33 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Special K Cereal
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼-½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the cereal in a large zip-top plastic bag. Using your hands or a rolling pin, finely crush the cereal. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, maple syrup and egg in a large bowl. Whisk in the ginger and salt.
- Stir in the walnuts and cranberries. Add the reserved, crushed cereal; stir until well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Place two tablespoons of cereal mixture on top of each other on parchment; press lightly to about 3” in diameter. Repeat to form 12 cookies; edges can almost touch.
- Bake at 375°F for 13 minutes or until tops are light brown and cookies are set. Let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.