Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake
In this melt-in-your-mouth cake, traditional acid reflux–causing white flour is replaced by nutrient-dense hazelnuts.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ cups ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1½ cups granulated Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 12 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 10" spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix hazelnuts, Splenda, vanilla, and cocoa in a medium-sized bowl. Beat egg whites in a large glass bowl until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate-nut mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 40–50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool. Dust with remaining cocoa powder before serving.