Flourless Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Made with just seven delicious ingredients, this Flourless Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie is a chocolate-and-peanut-butter lover’s fantasy!
Even though it contains Halloween candy, healthy swaps like coconut in place of cane sugar keep it lower on the glycemic index for a healthier dessert.
Cook: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Peanut M&M'S®, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted unsweetened creamy peanut butter (if using salted, sweetened peanut butter, reduce the coconut sugar to only ¼ cup, and omit the salt)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Oil a 10” cast iron skillet.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chocolates to a mixer. Turn the mixer on medium speed. Beat until dough is dry and well-combined.
- Fold the chocolate candies into the dough.
- Turn the dough out into the cast iron skillet, and press it into the skillet with your hands until you get an even layer.
- Place the skillet on the center rack of the oven, and bake 20-25 minutes (until the edges of the cookie are golden-brown.)
- Allow the cookie to cool at least 10 minutes before serving with additional M&M’S. (And ice cream!)
- Tip: The skillet will stay hot for a long period of time so be careful when serving to children. Allow the skillet to cool to room temperature before serving individual slices (the cookie will crumble when served hot).