Flourless Torte with Chocolate Glaze
Dig in to a flourless torte that’s filled with chocolaty, fudgy goodness!
Serves: 8Prep: 45 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄4 cups Simple Truth™ Semisweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1½ Tbsp. Kroger® Unsalted Butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and line a 7” springform pan with parchment paper, then grease again.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of butter in a double boiler over the stovetop. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar until completely mixed, then allow to cool.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, fully combining between each addition. Continue to stir until the batter becomes thick and glossy. Using a mesh sieve, sift the cocoa powder into the mixture. Stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. The center of the cake should be just firm. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan.
- Melt ¼ cup of chocolate chips and 1½ tablespoons of butter in the double boiler. Remove the pan from heat after the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add milk, honey and ½ tsp. vanilla. Stir until smooth and glossy. Allow the glaze to rest for 3 minutes, then pour the glaze over the middle of the cake. Use a spatula to spread the glaze over the cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers.