Fluffy Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
A healthier alternative to mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower is lower in calories, fat, and carbohydrates.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Boil water in a large stockpot. Add salt and cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes. Drain well, reserving 1⁄4 cup cooking liquid.
- Place cauliflower in blender or food processor with 1 tablespoon butter. Process until smooth, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed to make smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with chives and remaining butter.