Fluffy Coconut Pancakes and Waffles
If you have gone gluten free, one of the things you may miss is a good pancake breakfast. These pancakes are gluten free, and go great with fresh fruit!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Mix eggs, coconut milk, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly combine coconut flour and baking powder; mix into batter. Mixture will be thin at first, but as you stir, the coconut flour absorbs the liquid and the batter thickens. The batter will be thick, and will flatten out as the pancakes cook.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Scoop batter onto skillet at medium heat, using 1⁄4 cup measuring cup for each pancake.
- Cook for about 1 minute, then turn. Cook for another minute, or until pancakes are cooked through and golden brown.
- Top with banana slices and serve with maple syrup on the side.