Fluffy Garden Omelet
This is a delicious 2-egg omelet, filled with a perfect combination of cheese, vegetables, and seasonings. You could easily add a little cooked sausage or sautéed mushrooms to the filling.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. diced tomato
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy; whisk in milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, and black pepper.
- Heat a nonstick 8-inch skillet over medium heat; add butter and swirl around the pan to melt. When butter is hot, pour eggs into the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook omelet slowly, gently lifting edges with a spatula several times to let uncooked egg run underneath. When omelet is almost cooked but still shiny on top, cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the surface is almost dry.
- Sprinkle cheese, chives, and tomato over the top of the omelet. Fold over and continue cooking to let cheese melt. Remove from heat and serve immediately.