Fluffy Garden Omelet
This is a delicious 2-egg omelet, filled with a perfect combination of cheese, vegetables, and seasonings. You could easily add a little cooked sausage or sautéed mushrooms to the filling.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. Creole seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. diced tomato
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy; whisk in milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, and black pepper.
- Heat a nonstick 8" skillet over medium heat; add butter and swirl around the pan to melt. When butter is hot, pour eggs into the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook omelet slowly, gently lifting edges with a spatula several times to let uncooked egg run underneath. When omelet is almost cooked but still shiny on top, cover and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until the surface is almost dry.
- Sprinkle cheese, chives, and tomato over the top of the omelet. Fold over and continue cooking to let cheese melt. Remove from heat and serve immediately.