Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Mashing potatoes with warm broth instead of cream and butter gives them a balanced, savory flavor. For the perfect topping, try chives or a rich gravy.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 pounds gold or russet potatoes, peeled (if desired) & cut into 2” pieces
- 2 cups College Inn® Chicken or Turkey Broth, warmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat, place potatoes and cover with water; bring to boil. Let boil 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with fork. Drain well.
- Return potatoes to pan; toss briefly over low heat to dry off extra moisture. Using masher or electric mixer, mash warm potatoes until chunky, gradually adding warm broth until desired consistency. Mix in parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover pan and heat over very low heat to keep warm up to about 30 minutes before serving. Serve with desired toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.