Flying Jacob (Flygende Jacob )
This unusual and very popular casserole was created by Swedish Air Freight worker, Ove Jacobsson in the 1970s. Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to simplify the preparation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into discs
- 2 cups light cream
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 8 strips of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 395°F. Grease a medium baking dish.
- Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred the meat.
- Spread cooked rice over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Cover with the shredded chicken.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the ketchup and spread over the chicken.
- Arrange the bananas over the sauce, sprinkle bacon and peanuts over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until the sauce browns.
- Remove from the oven and serve.