Fondue au Vin Rouge (Red Wine Fondue)
Of course there’s a French fondue recipe with red wine!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups pinot noir
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cloves
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs. beef fillet or tenderloin, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Béarnaise sauce
- 1 cup Hollandaise sauce
- Heat wine, onion, shallot, garlic, cloves, thyme, and the bay leaf in a large saucepan over high heat. At the boiling point, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes before serving. Remove bay leaf. Transfer wine to a fondue pot and place the fondue pot on its burner at the center of the table.
- Put the meat in a serving dish and bring to the table. Serve the three sauces alongside. Your guests can all help themselves to meat and cook it for as long as they want, dipping it afterwards in the sauces.