Fondue Béchamel Sauce
Looking for a change from plain old broccoli topped with melted Cheddar cheese? Try combining this fondue sauce with your favorite vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter on low heat and stir in the flour. Be careful not to let the flour burn.
- Add the cream to the butter-and-flour mixture. Blend well, and then slowly pour into the warmed milk. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, whisking continuously to form a creamy sauce.
- Add the cheese, a handful at a time. Stir the cheese continually in a sideways figure eight pattern. Wait until the cheese is completely melted before adding more. Don’t allow the fondue mixture to boil. Sprinkle the caraway seeds on top and serve immediately.