Food Court Chocolate Chip Cookies
This classic chocolate chip cookie is easy to make at home with simple ingredients.
Makes: 30Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 bag (18 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine the butter mixture with the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make golf ball-sized dough portions and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.