Foolproof Fabulous Brownies
This dish gives you rich, dense, and supremely chocolatey brownies—in an easy, foolproof recipe! Dutch-processed cocoa produces a much deeper, more complex flavor, but standard cocoa works just fine, too. Add
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup plus 1 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9" × 13" pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon flour; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add cocoa, butter, and oil and mix well. Stir in flour, then add chocolate chips. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the thick batter into the prepared pan and smooth top to even. Place on middle rack in oven and bake exactly 30 minutes; do not bake any longer! Even if the brownies appear a little loose in the center, they will firm up fully after cooling.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices and serve only after the brownies have completely cooled.