Foolproof Swiss Fondue
If you don’t have a fondue pot, transfer fondue to a slow cooker or casserole with a warming unit. Serve with bread cubes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. brandy extract
- 2 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, cubed
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot or saucepan with cut sides of the garlic. Discard the garlic.
- Whisk flour and ¼ cup of the broth in a measuring cup until blended. Add the remaining broth and milk to the pot, and heat over low heat until very hot but not boiling.
- Whisk in the extract and the flour mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 6 minutes. Stir in Swiss, Parmesan, and cream cheeses, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt and the mixture is very smooth.