Combine canned and frozen beans to make a delicious and healthy bean salad to accompany broiled or grilled chicken or steak.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen green beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook the green and wax beans according to package directions and drain. Place in large bowl with kidney beans, garbanzo beans, red onion, and garlic.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk with wire whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture is blended. Pour over bean mixture and stir gently. Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving.