Four-Cheese Quiche with Peppers
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 oz. Brie, broken into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), prebaked 5 minutes at 375°F
- 1⁄4 cup pickled pepper slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix together the blue cheese, Swiss cheese, and Brie in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the half-and-half, eggs, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese for 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a small skillet. Sauté bell pepper 5 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the pie crust. Top with bell pepper and pickled peppers. Pour the egg mixture over peppers. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes until a knife stuck into the quiche comes out clean.