Four-Ingredient Marinara Sauce
Marinara sauce is full of authentic Italian flavor. This method proves you don’t need a laundry list of ingredients for great flavor. Serve this sauce over steamed spaghetti squash or cooked gluten-free pasta.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes with basil
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3–5 minutes until golden and soft.
- Pour sautéed onion and garlic into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add tomatoes. Using a fork or a potato masher, break up the tomatoes into the sauce. They will be a little bit chunky. If you prefer, use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Cover and cook on high for 4–5 hours or on low for 8–10 hours.