Fragrant Basil Pasta
Serve this dish using flat, fettuccini-type pasta. Any good pasta will do. Do not attempt this pasta with dry basil; it will not come out right.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. wide pasta noodles
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil with the garlic until the garlic begins to turn golden. Immediately dump the garlic into the jar of a blender. Add the basil, cheese, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Toss well and serve immediately.