Frankenstein Layered Dip
Try this frightful twist on a crowd-pleasing layer dip for your Halloween party!
Serves: 24Prep: 35 minutesCook: 8 minutesTotal: 43 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Sour Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 2 large black olives
- 2⁄3 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 (10”) flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning in a bowl until well blended.
- In an 8”x 8” casserole dish evenly spread sour cream mixture, top with a layer each of pico, cheese and guacamole. Arrange black olive and black beans to create Frankenstein’s hair, eyes, brows and mouth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tortillas with a 2½”-3” Halloween themed cookie cutter. Place on baking sheets; brush with melted butter on one side. Flip brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake 6-8 minutes until browned and crispy; cool.
- Serve tortilla crisps with layered dip.
- Refrigerate leftover dip. Store crisps at room temperature in an airtight container.