Freezer Bread Sticks
Save to My Recipes
Once these sticks are formed they will keep, unbaked and frozen, for several weeks. Break out 4–6 each night and bake them to order.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1¾ tsp. rapid rise yeast (1 package)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup water
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, sugar, and yeast. Make a well in the center, add melted butter and water, and beat for 2 minutes. Add salt and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Coat a baking sheet with pan spray. Turn dough onto a floured surface and cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each into a thin rope. Place on prepared sheet and freeze until firm. When firm, transfer to a plastic zipper bag for prolonged freezer storage.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Place sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.