Freezer Bread Sticks
Once these sticks are formed they will keep, unbaked and frozen, for several weeks. Break out 4 to 6 each night and bake them to order.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1 3⁄4 tsp. rapid rise yeast (1 package)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, sugar, and yeast. Make a well in the center, add melted butter and water, and beat for 2 minutes. Add salt and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Coat a baking sheet with pan spray. Turn dough onto a floured surface and cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each into a thin rope. Place on prepared sheet and freeze until firm. When firm, transfer to a plastic zipper bag for prolonged freezer storage.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Place sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.