Freezer Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter
Make these at the fall harvest and warm them up on a cold winter day for a lasting taste of summer picnics.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 12 large ears corn, cleaned and blanched
- Soften butter; mix in all herbs evenly. Spread the butter evenly over each cob of corn. Wrap cobs tightly with plastic wrap, twisting top and bottom of wrap.
- Place in a large resealable food-storage bag in freezer up to 9 months.
- When ready to use, take out of food-storage bag and defrost. Then heat in the microwave for 3 minutes per ear of corn.