Freezer Mini Pizzas
Keep these mini pizzas in the freezer for a quick lunch or snack. To serve without freezing, bake the completed sandwiches in preheated 350°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Add toppings, such as deli ham, cooked vegetables, or olives before baking.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 English muffins, split
- In medium bowl, tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Toast the split English muffins and let cool completely. Divide tomato mixture among muffins and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Flash freeze the pizzas on a baking sheet until frozen solid. Place into zipper-lock bags, label, seal, and freeze.
- To reheat: Unwrap frozen pizzas, place on baking sheet, and bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted and bubbly.