Freezer Peanut Butter Cookies
Keep this dough in your freezer and you’ll be able to bake a few cookies whenever you crave a sweet treat. Confectioners’ sugar in the dough keeps these cookies tender even through freezing.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, combine shortening, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and sugar and beat until combined. Add vanilla and eggs and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until a dough forms. Chill dough for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Form dough into 1" balls and press on balls with fork to flatten. Flash freeze dough balls until firm, then package in zipper-lock bag.
- To bake frozen dough: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen dough balls on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 350°F for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.