Freezer White Chili
This spicy chili, made with chicken and cannellini beans, is a twist on traditional chili. If you prefer, you may substitute Navy beans for the cannellini beans.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes and fry in oil with the onion for 4 to 5 minutes. Add chicken to a large saucepan along with the chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, bell pepper, and jalapeño peppers. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add beans and lime juice and cook an additional 5 minutes. Cool chili and freeze in a plastic container or freezer bag.
- When ready to eat, heat chili in a saucepan over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes until desired temperature is reached.