French Almond Cookies
These delicate cookies are lovely with tea, coffee, or ice cream.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ground oatmeal, and ground almonds.
- In large saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and honey over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour mixture and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Drop mixture by teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 3 inches around each cookie to allow for spreading. Sprinkle tops of cookies with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes until golden brown at the edges. Let cookies stand for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack.