French Brie Fondue
This recipe can be made without the garlic-herb mixture. Just add a pinch of nutmeg to the fondue and serve with bread and fresh fruit or use dried apricots, papaya, and pineapple for dippers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 16 oz. Brie, rind removed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour and stir until blended.
- Slowly whisk in half-and-half. Cook over medium heat until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Dice Brie and stir into the milk, using a figure-eight motion. Stir frequently until cheese is completely melted.
- Place garlic, parsley, green onions, and tarragon leaves in a food processor. Process until herbs are all finely minced. Stir into cheese mixture.
- Cook over medium-high heat until bubbly. Pour into fondue pot, place over heating source, and serve with baguette cubes and raw vegetables. Add freshly ground black pepper.