French-Glazed Green Beans
Walnut oil adds an extra dimension of nutty flavor to this elegant side dish. Canola oil or olive can be used instead if walnut oil is unavailable.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tsp. cold-pressed walnut oil
- 2 cans (15 oz.) French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. crushed dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp. crushed dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. dried lemon peel, crushed
- ⅛ tsp. ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat a large, deep nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the walnuts. Toast for 3 minutes, stirring frequently so the walnuts don’t burn. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add walnut oil to the pan. Add green beans to the pan; stir to toss in the oil. Once the green beans are warm, push them to the sides of the pan. Add the lemon juice, honey, tarragon, parsley, onion powder, lemon peel, mustard, and pepper; stir to combine. Toss the green beans in the lemon juice mixture. Pour into a serving bowl and top with toasted walnuts.