French-Style Carrot Salad
This version of the classic French grated carrot salad is made with fresh parsley and thyme. It is delicious as a side dish and is great for packing in lunchboxes or picnic baskets.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss shredded carrots with parsley, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Combine the lemon, mustard, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a glass jar with a tight- fitting lid. Shake well to blend. Pour over salad and toss to coat well.