French-Style Fillet of Beef
This delicious recipe is based on a French recipe for a cold appetizer. You can add mushrooms to the beef on the skewers. As an entrée, serve this with a fresh slaw-style salad and crumbled goat cheese.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. green peppercorns, bruised
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. filet mignon
- Blend all of the ingredients except the meat in a food processor or blender to make the marinade.
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces and place in the marinade. Marinate the meat for 1–2 hours.
- Set the grill to high temperature.
- Thread the pieces onto 8 presoaked wooden skewers. Grill for about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot or cold.