French-Style Oysters with Herbs
Herbs de Provence is available at most grocery stores and specialty shops. While not necessary, it’s fun to serve shellfish like this on a bed of chilled rock salt.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, commercial is okay
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, minced
- 1 tsp. herbs de Provence
- ½ tsp. dried red pepper flakes or cayenne to taste
- 12 large or 16 small oysters, opened, on ice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cream the butter and beat in the rest of the ingredients (except the oysters).
- Set the grill to medium.
- Spoon the butter mixture on the oysters.
- Grill with the lid down until the tops are golden and the oysters are bubbling. Serve with lemon wedges.