Fresh Avocado and Tomato Dip
Use this as a dip for vegetables or as a topping for shellfish—also pairs well with shrimp and lobster dishes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To peel the avocado, make a slice lengthwise around the center of the pit; twist the halves apart. To remove the pit, poke a fork into the seed and twist. Smash the avocado flesh with the back of a fork until somewhat creamy.
- Mix in the tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic, onion, parsley, salt, paprika, and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Note that avocados will turn brown as they sit out. This dish should be prepared just before serving.