Fresh Berry Pie
This pie is made with three kinds of fresh berries and a homemade crust. The crust is to die for—you won’t even miss the flour!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 5 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (with xanthan gum)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cold butter
- 3–4 Tbsp. ice water
- cooking spray
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture just comes together.
- On a floured surface, gently knead the dough until it’s softened and pliable. Roll the dough into a circle about ¼" thick.
- Grease a pie plate with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray. Carefully place the dough into the pie plate and press into the plate. Bake crust for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mash raspberries and 2 cups strawberries together in a medium saucepan. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and cornstarch. Heat for about 5 minutes over medium heat, or until filling has thickened.
- Pour the filling into the piecrust. Arrange blueberries and remaining strawberries over the top of the filling. Chill for at least 4 hours until set.