Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
Fresh blueberries make this coffee cake a moist and heavenly treat.
Serves: 16Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt, plus ½ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cane Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift or stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Coat a 9”x9” baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream; beat just until well combined. Fold in 1 pint blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- To make crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon course salt, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter using your hands, two knives, or a pastry blender, until well-combined and crumbly.
- Toss remaining ½-pint blueberries with the crumb topping. Sprinkle crumb mixture over cake. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.