Fresh Corn and Sweet Pepper Muffins
If you can’t get your kids to eat their vegetables, why not sneak them into muffins? These fluffy corn muffins are filled with fresh vegetables, but your kids won’t know as they’re gobbling them down.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3 medium orange bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin or use with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in the yogurt, cream, oil, applesauce, and eggs. Mix until combined. Fold in the corn kernels and sweet peppers.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.