Fresh Cranberry-Orange Relish
This festive relish is simple, fresh, and delicious. Process the zest of oranges with sugar in a food processor (or finely chop with a knife) and toss it with chopped orange segment and fresh cranberries. This goes well wild birds, small game, and big game meat pair perfectly with it.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium oranges
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz.) cranberries
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outermost zest of the oranges. Remove the white pith from the oranges, separate the segments, and roughly chop and transfer to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put the zest in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop. Add the sugar and process at high speed for 2 minutes until the mixture forms a paste.
- Scrape into the bowl with the oranges. Add the cranberries and toss well.
- Cover and chill. Keeps several weeks in a covered container in the refrigerator.