Fresh Gluten-Free Croutons
Save to My Recipes
These can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, then crisped up at the last moment. Double the recipe for extras.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 4 slices gluten-free bread, thickly cut, crusts removed
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and garlic. Brush both sides of the bread with the garlic oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bread into 6 cubes, to make 24 cubes. Spray a cookie sheet with gluten-free nonstick spray. Place the cubes on the sheet and broil until well browned on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- Put the cookie sheet on the bottom rack of the oven. Turn off the oven and leave the croutons to dry for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.